During this week amongst 22,500 geeks it was noticeable how many devices I saw, especially mobile devices. Here’s the quick breakdown…
- iPhones by a vast majority, mostly iPhone 5s.
- Androids as the largest minority, mostly Samsung Galaxy 3 and 4.
- iPads by a vast majority, with some iPad minis.
- Androids in the minority, including the smaller Nexus 7 size.
- MacBooks were a surprisingly significant fraction
- PCs of all flavors
- Ultra thin laptops running Android or Windows 8, including the Microsoft Surface, were more prevalent than in the general population
With a tech show that talks so much about mobile, cloud, VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) it is not surprising to see so many different devices, especially non-traditional laptops.
Every person here had at least two devices, a laptop and a cell phone, but many had a third, a tablet. Is the future a single converged device, or more likely, being able to access common data, and perhaps a common environment, from multiple devices?
Thanks for coming along,